Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
melissat99

Which washer and dryer to choose?

melissat99
10 years ago

Bought a new house without a washer and dryer, so need to make a decision on this in short order. And I've tried searching the forum, but can't quite find the information I need. So am curious what washer / dryer you would recommend for our family. Details / specs are as follows:

-Family of 4 (2 small children) with frequent athletic activity, i.e. we generate a lot of laundry, though mostly easy-care items
-Tend to put off laundry and wash large loads, so want a high capacity washing machine.
-Laundry room hookups are washer on left, electric dryer on right
-Laundry room is on 2nd floor and shares a wall with a bedroom, so quieter is better
-Don't inherently have a TL/FL preference, though I lean FL in order to washer larger items (quilts, etc.) and have heard bad things about the agitator-less TLers.
-Willing to spend some money on good appliances, but not sure we can justify the cost of the super high end items
-Laundry is currently in a separate room, but we may want to convert that into a hallway down the road, which would put the laundry into a hall closet.

Thanks for your help!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler