Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Equator combo

Posted by cuffs054 (My Page) on
Tue, May 20, 14 at 15:33

Anybody seen the new Equator combo W/D with CONVERTABLE vent/no vent option? Looks like its being sourced from a company called Pinnacle.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Equator combo

This type of machine is used more in RV's than in homes. In the past there have not been many users of these machines on this forum - you might get more useful feedback by posting at some of the many RV forums online.

I don't think Equator machines are known for their reliability but a few people on Amazon seem to like them - for a while.

Good luck with your shopping.

o
RE: New Equator combo

Ages ago (12-13 years) I bought an Equator 3600CEE which served me well until last year. I know they had problems with models after that (their supplier changed factories and repair rates increased dramatically: Equator eventually sued that supplier), so I didn't consider another model from them when the 3600 failed.

I haven't seen anything on the specific machine shown, and unlike when I bought my Equator unit, I no longer can find their machines locally to view. I replaced mine with an LG (ventless) and am happy with it. LG has just introduced new machines for the US Market, but they are still ventless.

I'm not using it in an RV, nor are most of the people I know with them. I'm in an apartment where I can neither install a vent nor a 220V outlet, so a combo is the only option.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here