Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Maytag Maxima MHW9000YG

Posted by cejones (My Page) on
Wed, May 2, 12 at 15:16

I am going to be upgrading from a first generation Maytag Neptune front loader (The one I hear had lots of issues, although mine never has and it is over ten years old) to the new Maxima front loader.

I have been trying to find out if there are any discounts to be found by purchasing the entire set at once, washer, dryer, two pedestals and the top work surface. One would think that buying it all at once would garner some amount of discount.

Has anyone here had experience like this?

I am also looking into getting the extended warranty. Any comments/advice on that?

Thanks for any information,

Chris

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Maytag Maxima MHW9000YG

Such discounts likely would store- or dealer-specific nowadays.

o
RE: Maytag Maxima MHW9000YG

This may help. Please note, this is a Maytag manufacturer offer as I read it.

That's a nice machine. I also have an original Neptune 2000 washer/dryer stackable which I need to replace very soon. While we had the problems mentioned, the only mechanical problem was a one time mother board fix while under warranty. Other than that, the Neptune has worked 12 years! I need a 3.2 to 3.5 cubic feet stackable with no more than 32" depth and the Maxima with internal heater I looked at is 35" total depth needed per Maytag specs. Otherwise I believe that would be my choice.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: This may help:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here