Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hsyme_gw

Miele Dryers (Canada)

Hsyme
9 years ago

I'd appreciate help choosing between two different dryer models.

We are limited to units 24 inches or less in width, as we're unable to get anything larger than that through our basement door.

There obviously aren't many options to choose from, and the pool is shrinking. We would like a vented dryer rather than a condensation model. That leaves an even smaller pool.

Basically, I've narrowed down our options to two: either a new, current Miele T7634 or an as-new, now-discontinued Miele T8003 from the Unboxed Miele store here in Toronto.

The T7634 is a Novotronic model, which seems to offer greater flexibility in some ways (timed drying is adjustable, for instance). Its advertised capacity is 6 kg.

The 8003 is a Touchtronic unit, and its capacity is listed as 5.5 kg. However, unlike the T7634, it has a honeycomb drum and the "electronic moisture monitoring" feature with the "PerfectDry" system.

I'm not sure how much of a difference the Honeycomb drum would make, but the PerfectDry feature seems like a worthwhile bonus -- I'm assuming the T7634 has some sort of moisture sensors as well, though.

Any idea how these two units compare? The T8003 was more expensive than the T7634 when it was still available -- does that mean it's a better machine?

Comments (4)