Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tight closet for washer and dryer combo-suggestions please.

Posted by Concernedabtwasher (My Page) on
Sun, May 11, 14 at 14:02

We have a closet that is 27 inches wide and 36 inches deep. We do have the dryer vent /240V connection for a stack able combo.

Questions:
1. I see that most full size washer and dryer are 27 inches wide, which would be flush against the wall. Is it OK to have washer and dryer in this setup?
2. If not,any creative suggestions to make this dimensions work for a full sized washer/dryer combo?
2. If full sized washer/dryer is not an option in this setup, which model/brand will work in this tight space?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tight closet for washer and dryer combo-suggestions please.

I don't see a problem with that. Just had a look at a Whirlpool installation manual and it said to leave one inch at each side, but that is just to reduce noise transfer not safety issues. Electrolux even says zero clearance in needed. Just make sure you have enough room (opening) for the dryer's air intake and try to keep the vent hose air straight and short as possible.

Alex

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here