Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elphaba_gw

anyone with washer-dryer stack in narrow hallway? what doors?

elphaba_gw
11 years ago

Does anyone have a washer/dryer stack in a narrow hallway? - hallway is 36 inch wide across from a hutch (or the equivalent of some kind of counter nearby - still to be built)

If you do, my question is whether you have doors in front of your washer stack and if so, what kind of doors? And do you like or don't like what you have? - I know that bifold is an option but I don't know the names of the other options, one is where the doors disappear into the side (often found with TV cabinets).

I don't have much space on either side of the washer/dryer. Have the contractor coming over today or tomorrow to figure out just how much space there will be. Max will probably be 4 inches on either side of stack (if you measure with almost no "wiggle room".)

Since this is in the hallway, and not that far from the dining room, I would like to think about having some kind of fairly nice "cover" in front when I need to have home "presentable" for company. Though I HAVE thought of not having a cover and not worrying about whether it is "presentable". (We entertain very little).

Anyone decide not to have cover/doors? Would like to hear any feedback on the subject.

Still in design phase - This hasn't been installed (or contracted out) yet and there are other options but other options intrude on kitchen space (being remodeled also).

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County