Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Choosing a FL washer and a gas dryer for two people

Posted by nancita (My Page) on
Sun, May 27, 12 at 13:22

Hi all,
Thought my decision was made. I was going to go with the Whirlpool Duet WFW95HEXW with the gas dryer. After looking at more reviews, I read that it shakes, leaks and is quite large.
There are just two of us but it is nice to have these appliances that can ahndle a larger comforter without a struggle.
In addition, this laundry closet will be on the brand spanking new second floor, so leak and shakes don't sound particularly good. There ias a shut-off and code requires the washer sitt in a pan that drains down, well, down the drain.
Thoughts, please.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Choosing a FL washer and a gas dryer for two people

I have a basic Samsung with a heater that I've had since the beginning of 09. It's just the two of us. It does what it's suppose to do and have had no issues. They are on pedestals on a wood floor. It stays in one place. But there is no pan, so I don't know how that would work.

I would suggest you take the comforter with you to see which machine will accept the load. Also buy the metal hoses that actually stop the flow of water if a leak is detected.

And talk to the appliance guy about what issues, if any, are a problem with placing a washer in the pan. I assume the pan is firmly secured to the floor. So other than you probably can't use a pedestal because the drawer won't open, I wouldn't think it should be a problem.

o
RE: Choosing a FL washer and a gas dryer for two people

I have a Samsung VRT steam washer with non matching electric dryer. Before that I had a Frigidaire FL. There was only me at first and now 2 a few months after I got the Samsung Really A 3.7 Cu ft wash tub is quite big but even when it was only me I managed to fill it pretty full. And being able to do those comforters is a plus. I say if it fits and you can afford it get it don't worry about it being too big for one or two you will find you use the size by doing fewer and larger loads.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here