Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
washing machine water softner dispenser

Posted by Sharon2013 (My Page) on
Thu, May 23, 13 at 12:34

this is a GE spacemaker model wsx5208. There is no lock tab in the left rear corner and I can,t pull drawer out to clean it.The fabric softner dispenser is moldy and does not drain well.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: washing machine water softner dispenser

I've seen your post here left unanswered for days, so I thought I'd give it a try . . . I'm sure you've resolved your issue by now, but If you haven't, have you tried calling the GE Answer Center? Their number is 1-800-626-2005.

I just called them on your behalf, and they would need the serial number of your machine to determine the correct model number (I believe the model number you gave is either incomplete or incorrect).

After the first CSR answers (they answered in under 30 seconds), she/he will transfer you to the "Answer Center," where they can perform basic troubleshooting over the phone. I was put on hold and transferred--an "Answer Center" CSR picked up within 60 seconds. He was pretty nice, seemed very knowledgeable, and was very helpful and polite. I asked if they are just referencing a knowledge base in their computers, or do they have actual machines on the floor as well. He said they do have some machines on the floor, but not likely that particular one.

As an exploratory call, I must say, I was pretty impressed with the quality of the tier-2 CSR. I would give GE phone support five-stars, based on this one call.

Also, here's the number to the GE parts department: 877-959-8688. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here