Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
dye transfer onto blue denim

Posted by stbonner (My Page) on
Sun, May 15, 11 at 11:28

Well, this was really dumb on my part, but I washed some red dog bed covers with a couple of pairs of jeans and now the jeans have a definite pink cast to them. The dog bed covers had been washed multiple times in the past, so I thought it was safe, but I was really wrong about that one. To magnify my mistake, the jeans didn't look pink until after they came out of the dryer, so I've made things even worse.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the pink cast out of the jeans? I have some Rit dye remover but it says not to use it on denim. Great. I've currently got the jeans soaking in some detergent and oxi-clean, but I'm not really sure where to go from here. Any and all opinions appreciated. Of course, these are two almost new pairs of jeans, wouldn't you know it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: dye transfer onto blue denim

Carbona makes a color run remover that might work, as it has a pretty good reputation. Drying the jeans may have heat-set the color, but you have nothing to lose at this point. I've found Carbona products at JoAnn's fabric stores and grocery stores. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Carbona Color Run Remover

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here