Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The ultimate stain remover ???

Posted by sharon620 (My Page) on
Mon, May 16, 11 at 10:39

Hi Everyone!
My son (22yrs) got an unknown stain on his expensive shirt , he got for christmas. I had no idea what it was. It almost looked like ink.
I tried everything I have.
Napasoap, ink, shout, etc
I finally tried cascade. OMG it bleached it! I am so upset :( I have had other things I could never get the stain out. I have tried lestoil and simple green but there has to be something that the dry cleaners use to get all the stains out.

Please help !

Sharon

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The ultimate stain remover ???

They use solvents. You could try a product called Energine. It comes in a small, metal can, with other cleaning products. Use sparingly, wear gloves, then launder the item. It works well.

o

I've heard that WD-40 works.

o

If the stain is ball point pen ink, the old standby used to be hair spray. Just saturate the stain and wash. Do not use the dryer or it will set any residue. You might have to repeat to get that out. I assume you are talking about a non-cotton shirt since you mention dry cleaners. If it is not ink, we have used the Oxyclean stick that we rub against the stain before laundering. Test a hidden area to be sure it doesn't take the color out like Cascade.

o

The only thing I ever need to use these days is Charlie's Soap and Oxyclean spray or Oxyclean diluted in water. Don't use anything else.

o

I don't have one stain remover. I start with the nature of the stain and pick a treatment. If it is an organic stain, I use Nature's Miracle enzyme stain and odor remover (bought it when I got my puppy and still buy it since it is gentle and effective.

For ink I always use alchohol (straight isopropyl or even vodka although I prefer to use my Grey Goose to drink)

If they don't work and the almost always do, then I move on to Afta. If that does not work NOTHING will.

o

Dry Cleaners do not get every stain out. I also love Oxyclean in the bottle. Also, Lestoil & shout(for small dirt type stains).
I also treat from the back side of the garment (first), someone told me that it forces the stain out better than from the top side of the garment.

Some stains just won't come out.

Automatic dish detergent has bleach

o

Scissors.

o

@Weedmeister...:),lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here