Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nostalgicfarm

Same color as shirt stains, especially on dress shirts

nostalgicfarm
13 years ago

I don't know what my problem is. (Besides being a lousy homemaker)

I have always had problems with DH getting grease stains on the front of his dress shirts. Of course, I usually don't notice these until after they have been through the dryer and are being ironed! Now, there are larger stains on the back of his dress shirts. I don't think he is turning around to eat. I am talking about the stains that are a little lighter or darker than the shirt color, but the same color. I have tried using shampoo which works when I pretreat color grease stains. I have also tried soaking in BIZ. My 2 year old son also has a few cotton polo shirts that have the same sort of staining. I don't know what these stains are from, if they are from wear, or soap residue?

I have been using the Costco brand liquid soap. Is that causing my problem? I am considering stitching over to Charlie's Soap. Would that help my laundry situation at all? I don't know if liquid or powder is better.

Also, we got a brand new top-of-the-line Samsung front loader about 3 months ago. The set is the one rated #1 by JD Power. It does do a great job with clothes. I have just been fighting the dress shirts. I doubt it is the washer and dryer causing the problem, but maybe too much detergent or the wrong detergent.

What do I need to do to get rid of these stains, or do I need to throw the shirts out?

What do I need to do to prevent this in the future?

Thanks so much!

Comments (4)