Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can I buy an industrial grade washing machine like laundromats?

Posted by TiredMama (My Page) on
Thu, May 2, 13 at 10:10

I am purchasing my SIXTH washing machine in two years. This is absolutely ridiculous and I'm furious. We have had three GE top loaders (replaced by Sears each time and each one of these has lasted 1 to 14 days only--agitator has broken on 2 and then knob to turn it on broke on one and I do NOT stuff the washer at all), and an LG where the computer panel filled with steam the first week and then quit working and one more GE that worked for a while longer. Anyhow, I need a *great* machine and I don't care how much I have to pay for it as long as I know that it isn't going to stop working quickly. I also need something that will wash on hot, not take forever, and be easy on my clothes. Help! Your advice is appreciated. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can I buy an industrial grade washing machine like laundromat

• Posted by georgect Fairfield County CT (My Page) on
    Thu, May 2, 13 at 10:48

Yes you can but it will cost you plenty.

Here's a link with USED laundry equipment and even those range in the thousands of dollars.

If you're serious it might be worth it if you're really rough on your machines.

Also, some washers don't pump out wash/rinse water, they use gravity to empty the tub so look into that.

Electric hook ups might need to be beefed up also...lots to consider so do lots of research.

Here is a link that might be useful: Used Commercial Laundry Equipment

This post was edited by georgect on Thu, May 2, 13 at 10:49

o

Top or front loaders from Speed Queen or - more expensive, requiring likely a special power installation but also more flexible - Miele Professional.

Alex

o

Thank you both. We are not hard on machines at all. That is what is so entirely maddening about this situation. I have never had issues like this until recently and I think it says a lot more about how things are made than how we treat a washing machine.

o

Absolutely. You can treat some appliances with the utmost care and they still will crap out on you.

I'd be looking a Speed Queen. Their top loaders are as old school as it gets and not too expensive. Their front loaders are quite expensive, though. All their appliances are commercial quality.

Here is a link that might be useful: Example

o

Thank you, I will look into that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here