Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Electrolux Models

Posted by larsi (My Page) on
Wed, May 1, 13 at 9:57

Hey Everyone!

I know many of you were wondering when the all new Electrolux washers and dryers were due out. We were at all local, high end appliance store getting an awesome new Toto Neorest automatic toilet (the heated seated is worth the price alone, LOL!!).....and I asked them about new Electrolux units. They said Elux told them Jan. 2013, then Feb. 2013, then March 2013, then May 2013...and now they are being told July or August 2013!!!!

Either they are making sure there are no kinks and issues or they are having a hell of a problem with kinds and issues :-O

They are hoping and expecting better performing doors, doors that can stay ajar, when not in use to prevent mildew and mold and higher quality materials on the control panels.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Electrolux Models

Interesting Larsi. I asked Electrolux yesterday when I was asking about the warranty and she said they had no information about new washers coming out, so she expected it would be awhile because they would have the announcement before the machines appeared in stores.

I hadn't realized that there was a problem keeping the doors ajar. How then are peope keeping them open to allow the insides to dry out and not get mold? Thanks!

o

I've been wondering about the new washers recently myself and I'm glad they are taking the time to make sure they get it right (fingers crossed).

Thanks for the heads up Laris!
I can hardly wait to see what they've developed.

o

When the current generation came out, an engineer said on an other forum the Electrolux had plans up its sleeve for even larger units. Similar to the biggest LG washers. We'll see. AjMadison will likely have them first.

o

Don't understand the keeping the door open issue. I have had my Electrolux FL for 2 years. No problem with keeping door open to dry out after washing.

o

@ buckeyegoldenmom....On every other FL model, you can leave the washer door just ajar a few inches. On the Electrolux models with the "push to open" doors, they are spring loaded, and the doors just fly open and stay very open. If one has a smaller, or tight fitting laundry room, this wide opened washer door is a real nuisance. They need to have a magnet or latch system, that allows one to leave the washer door ajar for airflow, without having to have the door just flung open!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here