Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sturdy Ironing Board Recs

Posted by southerngirl1913 (My Page) on
Tue, May 24, 11 at 9:44

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I am looking for recommendations for sturdy ironing boards. I searched the forum and found an old post from 2006 however; many of the recommendations are no longer sold. I would like something no more than $100 if possible.

If you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate the help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sturdy Ironing Board Recs

Bed Bath & Beyond sells a Polder ironing board that I have. It is quite sturdy and can be raised up to 39 inches high. It is wide, though, and may not work if you're ironing children's clothing. I used a 20% off coupon which brought the price down. Link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Polder ironing board at BB&B

o

Thank you!

o

I have a Brabantia ironing board that I got at Bed Bath & Beyond or Linens'n Things (before they went out of business). I've had it for a few years now and am very pleased with it. It's very sturdy - I hate flimsy ironing boards!

o

I have a Rowenta ironing board that I bought at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I think it was right around $100.00 after using the 20% coupon.

o

I have a Polder that looks a lot like the Brabantia. It seems sturdy. I have read good things about the Brabantia though.

stbonner, I have a Rowenta iron but didn't realize they make boards too?

Here is a link that might be useful: Brabantia ironing boards

o

Livebetter, my ironing board was actually branded as a Bed, Bath, and Beyond brand that was made by Rowenta. It is larger than most ironing boards, wider and taller, and is very heavy and sturdy. I like it a lot.

o

My ironing board has "Rowenta" machine embroidered on the pad, but I know it is made by Polder because it looks exactly like the Polder model I linked in my earlier post. Rowenta makes irons, but not boards, AFAIK.

Often a company will re-badge a product made by someone else. For example, I have a "Bernina" vacuum ironing board that was made by Reliable.

o

Hmmm, maybe my ironing board is a Polder, rebranded by Rowenta, and then rebranded by Bed, Bath, and Beyond:)

Who ever makes it, it is taller, wider, and heavier than a standard ironing board.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here