Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which appliances to buy?

Posted by pasmack (My Page) on
Sun, May 29, 11 at 9:31

We are moving into a new home that comes with everything except washer and dryer. I have not yet begun researching this and wonder if anyone has recommendations. I am probably looking at mid to high end. I'm not that interested in a million wash options, but in a really good thorough and fast wash. Same with the dryer. There are five of us, so large capacity would be good. I am not sure about front or top load.
Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which appliances to buy?

Electrolux...WaveTouch.
5.1 cu. ft. washer - 8.0 cu. ft. dryer.

Wash times can be short or extended (by choosing light/heavy soil levels) along with other settings/options.

I just can't see how top load "he" machines get huge loads clean. IMHO...tumbling clothes makes more sense than a wash plate that turns back and forth with hardly enough water to cover items and there is hardly any turnover.

I'm sure you'll get lots of ideas/opinions here.
Best of luck.

o
RE: Which appliances to buy?

Electrolux Wave Touch Quick Wash is about 18 minutes. BUT, it is only for small loads, with very little soiling. Dry Cycle is of course, also for small loads.

Most other machines with Quick Wash Cycles are about 30 mins. Drying cycles are either based on a set time you choose, or moisture sensors.

A small load, will dry in about 30 mins in my Miele T9802 dryer. Regular large loads take about 40/45 mins.

I LOVE, LOVE my Miele W4842 and T9802 dryer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here