Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldbat2be

AJ Madison / $500 credit for $250 on Living Social

oldbat2be
10 years ago

There's a current Living Social deal for AJ Madison; AJMadison.com has a deal on Living Social that you can get $500 in credit for only $250. Use the SHARE5 code to save $5 more. I just bought it. Hope someone else can use.
With this living social deal, if you get 3 people to buy through your link, yours is free.

If anyone is interested, I'd appreciate it tremendously. If I get three, I'll remove the link and hopefully someone else can benefit.

Here is a link that might be useful: Living Social Link to AJ Madison $500 for $250

Comments (6)

• sshrivastava
    10 years ago

Regrettably bought from them once, never again.

• madsic
    10 years ago

May I ask why sshrivastava

This post was edited by madsic on Sun, May 26, 13 at 18:27

• knot2fast
    10 years ago

I'll never buy from Living Social again.

They had a $20 local pizza coupon for $10. I signed up, gave them a credit card, and received by coupon. I couldn't get the coupon until the next day, but no problem. I got it.

Over the course of the next several months they sent me email daily with various deals and specials. They were beyond pathetic. None interested me. Eventually, I decided to close my account and end the emails.

I logged into my account and deleted my credit card info. I looked and looked and looked for an option to close my account. None.

I called their customer service and reached a very nice young woman. When I told her I wanted to close my account, SHE SAID I COULDN'T CLOSE MY ACCOUNT. She was very nice. She said I could change my name. I could change my email address to anything I wanted. I could delete my credit card info (already done), but I couldn't close the account.

Her reasoning was that I may want to open it again and I'd want my purchase history intact. No, I don't. Any she was polite but very firm. I could not close my account.

After much protesting, I eventually hung up and changed my name and email address on the account. It bothers me they wouldn't let me close it.

I assume they are promising prospective paying clients some huge number of accounts their deals will reach. I believe their numbers are fraudulent based on the inability of anyone who has ever opened an account to close it, even if the email is pointed to random junk and unused.

I will never sign up with businesses that practice that kind of shady behavior.

• richard_f
    10 years ago

If it makes you feel any better, living social will most likely be out of business by the end of the year. They've getting their clock cleaned by competitors that have way more data about your purchasing habits, like Amazon and American Express.

• sshrivastava
    10 years ago

oldbat2be,

I purchased a Blanco kitchen faucet from them. When I later needed service under warranty, Blanco declined the service saying that AJ Madison was not an authorized dealer and buying from an unauthorized reseller invalidates their warranty.

AJ Madison would also not honor anything, so I was stuck with a non-working faucet that AJ Madison would not stand behind, because they are an "unauthorized reseller", and Blanco would not stand behind their warranty because of where I purchased the item.

So never again will I buy anything from AJ Madison. EVER.