Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Alternative uses for Liquid Laundry Detergent

Posted by happs (My Page) on
Wed, May 4, 11 at 3:05

I purchased a liquid laundry detergent that doesn't clean well at all and instead of throwing the bottle away, what are some alternative uses around the house for liquid laundry detergent?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Alternative uses for Liquid Laundry Detergent

Bubble bath?

Just kidding. Have you tried it as a pre-treatment for stains? That might not work either if it's terrible - even at full-strength. You didn't mention the brand/maker, which would make it less general. There are a few posters with strong Internet search prowess and others who understand chemicals better. Either approach may give you some ideas if they choose to respond.

o

Frankly, there is not much you can do with it if it won't clean well. Perhaps you could continue to use for laundry, just the lightly soiled loads that need a refresh rather than an heavy-duty wash.

o

Give it away to pet shelter.

Or use it as a qualified all-purpose cleaner for certain things. My particular fave is for washing cat litter boxes and pet carriers.

Occasionally I odds and ends of non-favorite detergent for initial scrubbing down of auction or CL finds. (I don't use detergent out of doors where it would stay on surface and perhaps wash into streams, only indoors in my utility sink.)

HTH,

L

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here