Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Service mode for Samsung wf448aaw

Posted by forrie (My Page) on
Thu, May 31, 12 at 1:03

Does anyone here have information about how to access the hidden maintenance and programming modes of the Samsung wf448aaw steam washer?

I would like to tweak some of the settings, such as water and temperature, etc.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Service mode for Samsung wf448aaw

I highly doubt that either temp or water level can be altered via the software. These are usually controlled via hardware in the washer - that is a thermistor and water level sensor. There are videos on YouTube of people adding water to the cycles by adjusting the sensor.

The temperature? Well, I suppose you'd have to install a different temp sensor in the washer. Temperature is usually measured in a certain resistance value of the sensor - a different temp means a different resistance reading of the sensor by the control board. So, let's say a resistance value of 50 will give you an 80F wash. You'd have to find a sensor where 50 would mean 104F - for example. This is probably doable but... It'll also mean that your delicate cycles would wash in warmer water. A warm wash could get too hot in this case.

Alex

o

I would at least like to add more water to the cycle. I think it would help. I thought I read about someone adjusting temperature of a Samsung (earlier model) via the firmware. I could be mistaken.

Thanks!

o

You can download your service manual. They are great to have around. Steprightupmanuals.com. has most.

Dave was the one who altered his water levels and it was a manual alteration not programming. I doubt you will be able to alter wash temps.

o

Where would you modify the washer's water levels? Sounds like you'd have to take the thing apart.

o

forrie, if you consider the removal of two screws and the lifting off of the top panel as "taking the thing apart", then perhaps the quick procedure is beyond your pay grade. :)

o

In other words it doesn't take more than 15 minutes, TOTAL, to remove two screws, slide off the top panel, turn the adjustment screw CLOCKWISE (don't turn it much! -- mine was fine with .6 of a single turn), slide the panel back on, and install the two screws. DO NOT FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON YOUTUBE WHEREBY THOSE BONEHEADS RECOMMEND TURNING THE SCREW SIX TURNS!!!

clockwise increases water levels...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here