Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
electrolux vs asko (both gas and stacked)

Posted by maria_1 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 21, 11 at 23:47

We narrrowed it down to electrolux vs Asko stacked units. Asko (27in). I like Asko because it has a rinse only option and can heat the water to 95 C. Any owners of Asko? How is there gas dryer?
I love elctrolux capacity but worried that it cannot do rinse and spin only option.
Also how is there gas dryer? Any owners could comment?
Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: electrolux vs asko (both gas and stacked)

As with Miele, ASKO can be problematic when you are not situated close to its service centers or cannot find the proper third-party (and I believe all ASKO service is third-party) to support your purchases. There are complaints of ASKO taking too long to get parts. We have an ASKO dishwasher that is going on well over a decade of service, but I have contacted ASKO in the past (good luck) and it is a veritable PITA. Personally, I do not like Electrolux products as I have seen how they are constructed, but you will be able to get them serviced much easier. Esoteric brands like Miele and ASKO are highly dependent on the service availability, competency level of the service technicians, and parts availability.

ASKO USA

o
RE: electrolux vs asko (both gas and stacked)

@ maria_1

By "27in" do you mean the XXL Asko machines that are made in Asia? These units do not heat to 95C. The XXL models are 120V and will heat into the 150F-160F range only.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here