Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone have a decent looking utility sink in the laundry room

Posted by newly_suburban (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 27, 09 at 22:58

Hi again.

I am planning to keep my sink in my laundry room as it is so deep and useful for filling buckets, but it is really unattractive...I have been looking online for options, but most seem so much smaller than what I have now.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone have a decent looking utility sink in the laundry room

Stainless or not?

I did a custom sink in a kitchen where I had a stainless sink welded into a restaurant prep table. It was an industrial designed kitchen. It ended up being really cool and not that expensive since I had a restaurant stainless place do it. If you are willing to go stainless, it's a highly functional and cool industrial looking way to go. It depends on the house though.

I wanted a very spartan, stainless look. It's worn well too, i did it almost 5 years ago, still looks good.

my 2 cents

o

If you've got a good sink keep it!! At my old house we had a double-bowl cement sink. It was really deep and wide and sometimes I really miss it!
Could you have a cabinet maker build a cabinet around it? Not sure what you want to spend but a cabinet with a nice laminate counter would look pretty good.

o

Did you find that sink?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here