Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Washer/Dryer Cabinet Furniture Grade

Posted by gr8day (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 9, 14 at 22:01

Just wanted to let you know that Barker Cabinet can make the type of appliance cabinet that goes over your w/d. I just ordered it and will be nervous about it until I get it all installed. My laundry room is at the end of a hallway that is directly in view of nearly my whole first floor. It's a very open floor plan. The laundry room has hardwood floor and white cabinets with black pearl granite, stainless sink and two windows. It's not huge but adequate. We never keep the door closed because the dogs have their doggie door in there to the fenced yard. I'm excited that I finally found someone to make this for us as I have been looking forever. I only hope I measured correctly since I'm in Georgia and Barker Cabinet and Door is in Oregon! Shipping was a lot and a bit upsetting at $169. for the two cabinets (the two attach together for strength to manage the granite top). It's coming a long way but still they are RTA. If my Laundry Room will look as nice as the one in this picture or close to it I will be a happy camper. If I ever get it all finished I will post the finished room. Thank you all for your help, I would never have heard of Barker Door had it not been for the helpful GW'ers.

This is almost exactly how my laundry room is set up only I have the black pearl granite and my window doesn't go to the floor wish it did! I like that window : )

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Washer/Dryer Cabinet Furniture Grade

This is close to my laundry room configuration as well, except I have cabinets over the sink and nothing over the W/D. This picture makes me think....I have been looking for a new W/D but everything is so deep, and I thought sticks out into the room too far and I didn't want my window to be half-blocked. But that's how this set up is and it doesn't look that bad, I guess you get used to it. Only thing you can't tell from the photo is how wide the room is....mine is very narrow since I had built in laundry basket shelves/cubbies/coat hangers/pantry built into the opposite wall.

Good luck on your cabinet installation and post photos when it's done!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here