Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mettapeace

FL Washer and tankless hot water heater

mettapeace
11 years ago

I purchased an LG front loader #2250. It's great except that I can't get it to wash in warm or hot settings. A technician checked it and said there's no problem with the machine. The problem is that it uses so little water, that it is not making enough of a demand on the tankless hot water heater to generate enough hot water. (When you turn on a hot water tap, it takes a few minutes for the hot water to generate and reach the faucet. If you turn the tap on and off---like the LG WM fills--the water gets cold again after each pause).

I have tried tricks like running the hot water in a near-by bathroom to bring it up through the pipes. This results in only a tepid temperature wash if I set it on "Hot." Technicians are telling me that the combination of HE FL and tankless water heater is not a good mix.

The only real solution I can think of is to install a small 2.5- 5 gallon hot water heater in the laundry room. That way, hot water will be available in the small amounts needed by the washer.

(BTW, I did also try adding a y shaped hose bib and discharge hose to run off the cold water, then close discharge valve and open washing machine valve. I tried it on "warm" wash, but the water still was cool after filling.)

Thanks for input!!

Comments (7)