Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardeningglovequilter

Seeing is believing... Hydrogen Peroxide/Dawn stain remover

MiMi
10 years ago

Now you see it.. now you don't... Dirt, grease and grime from the pit at the car wash after replacing the chain that pulls the cars through... I haven't found any stains it won't take out.

Comments (14)

• larsi_gw
    10 years ago

WOW!!! Cool.

• Rault85
    10 years ago

Wow indeed!!! What ratio are you using and how did you come up with it? Good job!

• MiMi
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It is just equal parts of Hydrogen Peroxide and regular strength Dawn dishwashing liquid, in a spray bottle. I found it on the internet somewhere, a couple of years ago I think. I use it on light and dark colors, I haven't had any fabric fade or bleach from it. I haven't found any stain It won't take out.

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Do you use it in the clothes washer? Wouldn't that make an awful lot of suds? Very impressive result!

• MiMi
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes I do use it in the washer and I have a front loading Samsung. It has never caused a lot of suds. I had to really soak these shorts good with it, that is why they are laying on a tarp, then used Gain HE detergent, no excess suds at all. You would think there would be so much suds it would ooze out of every possible crevice in the machine, under the utility room door and down the hall...but it doesn't, not in my machine anyway.

• sparky823
    10 years ago

I have used the equal parts regular Dawn and white Vinegar mixed in a spray bottle for cleaning the shower/bathroom. Works great-really gets the soap scum.

I will have to try this peroxide formula for stains.

• dave1812
    10 years ago

LOL! If you didn't get a lot of suds from using Dawn, then you must have very hard water.

I can't even put a small amount of Dawn in my washer as I have soft water (zero grains).

• Rault85
    10 years ago

Im a bit hesitant to put Dawn back into my washer after my experience recently but this looks like it may be a God send for dealing with my husbands uniforms, so I may just suck it up and try it!

• Cavimum
    10 years ago

Impressive, @dbfirewife!

• dave1812
    10 years ago

andi, if you have soft water it takes just a few less than a 1/2 oz of dawn to turn your machine into a bubble bath.

• Rault85
    10 years ago

dave1812: El Paso has some pretty hard water according to the latest water quality report. Maybe a tbsp? perhaps less?

• Ilene Perl
    10 years ago

Looking forward to trying it.

• fordtech
    10 years ago

Do you wash it by itself or with a regular load?

• MiMi
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I washed these shorts with a couple of old towels. I always wash extra dirty things like this with the old towels, car drying towels from the garage.