Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
northlut

Miele owners: two more questions

Northlut
12 years ago

We went and looked at machines today, and overall are pretty happy with the Mieles (W4842 and T9822). But I have two questions.

First, one thing that seemed strange to me is that it doesn't appear to have a way to do "air dry" (totally non-heated air circulation). Is that really true? I see the "15 min cold" option, which might be air dry, but neither of the sales guys at the stores we went to knew for sure. And it seems odd that it's limited to 15 minutes. Can you push the button repeatedly to get longer cycles, or would I have to come back to the machine every 15 minutes to start it again? I actually do long air dries quite a bit, mostly on stuff that you're technically not supposed to put in the drier. I've found it to be pretty effective at drying things without damage, though of course it takes a year and a half. I think I'd miss having that, but maybe it's not a big deal.

Second, one of the sales guys claimed that each machine needs its own outlet because the plugs are so big that they block the other outlet. This is with the gas dryer, so 110VAC for both machines. The other sales guy said he hadn't heard of that. Only one of the stores actually had the machines on the floor, and they were arranged such that we couldn't get to the back to see the plugs. Is this really true?

In general both stores seemed happy to sell them, but also didn't seem to like the fact that the delivery and installation goes through Miele. I personally see that as a good thing, but I can see their perspective.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida