Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fpmom_gw

Bosch Axxis installation question...HELP!!!

fpmom
11 years ago

To the very helpful Bosch Axxis owners who are savvy about the installation!
When we moved in to our new home a year ago I had an electrolux w/d installed in to a closet (albeit a large one designed for a laundry - large in that it goes back a good way but not wider than the w/d... this is relevant because it means I can not get behind to see what plugs etc are in there)
I know there was a new powerpoint put in (it was renovated just before we moved in) but only one since there is a gas connection for the dryer and therefore I have no idea how many prongs or what voltage though I have been told by different people that it would be a 4 prong since it was recently put in
Now I am replacing the electrolux with the Bosch Axxis w/d so I need one powerpoint that has 4 prongs (correct???) but 220V???
My question is - am I to assume that if just one powerpoint was put in for the washer that it's prob not 220V and I need an electrician to add one? Any work around?
The difficulty being that I need the electrolux picked up, prob a 220V powerpoint put in by an electrician and the new Bosch w/d installed and I am trying to avoid the cost of 2 trips to pick up and un-install the gas dryer and then a trip to deliver and install the Bosch after the electrician has been (I need to pay for pick up and new installation separately)
I hope this doesn't sound too crazy and a Bosch Axxis owner can help/advise (!)

Comments (2)