Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thought I would share my laundry/mudroom update...

Posted by ilene-84 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 9, 14 at 19:41

I posted over in decorating too because I asked them for ideas for hanging the curtains. Originally I planned on having cabinets installed, dryer vent boxed, walls painted and a new floor, but was surprised at the prices I was given. This room is off my kitchen, opens to both side yard and garage. During the summer because of the pool we use this as an entrance for guests too. The only thing not finished is the ceiling drying rack, which should be here soon. Thought you may like to see my before and after pictures....I'm very happy with how it came out!

photo image-8.jpg

photo imagejpg1-5.jpg

photo image-2.jpg

photo imagejpg1-3.jpg

photo image-5.jpg

photo imagejpg1-6.jpg

photo imagejpg1-2.jpg

photo imagejpg1-4.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thought I would share my laundry/mudroom update...

I love the fabric surrounds. Did you sew all those items? It make it look so organized and cohesive. Very well done. I would love to see the drying rack in action when you get that installed.

Thanks for sharing your new functioning space.

o

It looks great! I love the baskets and it's so tidy and attractive. I really love the way you hid the dryer exhaust. That's very imaginative. Great job, I'm impressed!!!
Thanks for sharing!

o

It looks wonderful, so neat and tidy and everything matches perfectly. :)

o

Big improvement on a small budget. What is the brand/source of the ceiling drying rack?

o

She did share the brand on the link below. It is at the end of the list, as of this time. Its a Greenway.

Here is a link that might be useful: Drying Racks in Laundry Room

o

Enduring, as soon as I get the laundry rack up, I will post so you can see. I haven't figured out if it's possible to get the 6 rod rack, or if I have to settle for the 3 rod. As far as the seams, two of them I sewed by hand, first I tried glue that came out horrible, I'm sure I used to much and it bleed thru. I wound up using heat bond which worked out great.

Gr8day, thanks for the kind words. I hated looking at the dryer vent made me cringe when guests came into my house from the pool into that room.

Diane the rack is from Greenway. Thanks for the kind words, figured out the update cost 375, the fabric I purchased was regularly 50 /yard, I got it on sale for 10

o

can anyone else see pictures? all I see is a very washed out pic that looks like drying rack maybe.

Very interested to see these.

o

pprioroh, I see 9 pics in the OP entry and one pic in the entry immediately above your post.

o

Thanks. I see them now. must have been some image blocker at work....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here