Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Maxima Is Going to kill me!

Posted by puppymamma (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 14, 11 at 19:40

So I have a new maxima that adds at least an hour onto each cycle. I called the company and they kindly ran a maxima cycle at the store and found that it runs at least 1/2 hour over. He made sure to mention that the time is just an "estimate" . I just did another load tonight and it too almost 2 hours (cycle is supposed to be 59 minutes) Any suggestions out there - is this just something I have to live with if I have a front loader???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Maxima Is Going to kill me!

What cycle were you running? The cycle times vary depending on what you've selected.

o

I just ran a pretty full load in my Samsung FL on normal, cold, fast spin setting it took 58 mins, that is about normal for it unless it is a small load and those are usually under 50 mins. However the FL dryer is much faster then the old TL dryer.
Mine does a sensor test of weight of clothes does yours do that if so maybe it is off?

o

every manufacture of a fl has different cycle times. You cant compare one to another Maybe the maxima runs longer cycle times to ensure a clean wash

o

I always suspected Nissan made washing machines.

o

2 hours seems excessive for a normal wash. Sanitary ... OK.

o

on one of the video tutorials I was just watching it did mention excessively long cycles can be caused by something stuck in the trap have you tried cleaning out the filter trap down at the bottom? this is the video I was just watching.
Front Load Washer Troubleshooting - Clean Pump Filter

most all have the trap filter in the same general area and they are similar some have a hose you pop out and use to drain the water then open the trap.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here