Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How good are the Miele front loading dryers?

Posted by schnauzer (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 8, 11 at 18:56

I want to purchase a Miele Front loading washer, wondering if I should get the matching dryer or get another brand of dryer? Opinions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How good are the Miele front loading dryers?

I have the T9802 Miele dryer, and I think it is the BEST dryer I have ever owned or used. My Miele W4842 washing machine is great, but I think there are other machines on the market by LG, Electrolux, Bosch or maybe even Fisher & Paykel that could possibly clean as well (but the build quality and longevity will be far less than Miele).

But, nothing compares to the way a Miele dryer cares for clothing. The reverse tumble feature is the reason that I will always own a Miele dryer. I never have to deal with sheets or items rolled up into a tight, moist ball. Miele ELECTRIC dryers reverse tumble from the very beginning all the way thru the cool down. The only residential gas dryer Miele makes is the T9820/T9822. It also reverse tumbles, but not as much as the electric version. I owned the T9820, and it was for me very problematic and a real disappointment. When I switched to a T9800 and then a T9802...for me the difference was night and day. I will only own electric dryers. Good Luck!!

o
RE: How good are the Miele front loading dryers?

From the anecdotal reports here and elsewhere, the Miele electric dryer does appear to work better and has higher overall satisfaction than the gas counterpart. I have the T9802 electric dryer and am very pleased with it overall. I'm not too fond of the lint filter. Also, if you stuff your washer to the full 7-8kg capacity and then transfer all of those clothes to the dryer, you will have wrinkled clothes. The dryer cannot dry a packed load without wrinkling, unfortunately. The only solution to this problem would be a larger dryer. But if you fill your washer 3/4 full and leave some room at the top, you shouldn't have any wrinkling issues. On those occasions that you do run a packed washer load, split it into two loads for your dryer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here