Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Persil question

Posted by Kappen (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 2, 12 at 18:41

So I bought a new box of persil and while I was looking I noticed something called persil Hygiene Spuler but the U with the accents :). Anyway its something that I think you put in the rinse to disinfect your wash.

My issue is that bottle is in German and I have no idea how to use this stuff... Anybody have any experience with it and can fill me in? I would also like to know what its made of.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Persil question

Hi, Kappen.
I haven't ever used the Hygienesp�ler, but I found a link that may help you:

http://www.persil.de/produkte/persil-hygiene-spueler.html

If you run it through google translate, it has a short description and dosage information. Hope this helps!

o

Maybe @Larsi will see this thread and translate for you. All my G/E dictionary has is sp�len --- to wash,rinse, flush, wash up.

o

I have the Persil Hygienespueler! It is kind of like a fabric softener, that you put in the fabric softener dispenser...but it does not soften. It is a hygiene rinse. Against bacteria and ickies! It is a decent product, but not my favourite!

o

Yes, it's a laundry disinfectant or sanitizer. You add 90 ml to the final rinse along with softener - if your dispenser is large enough. If you have a larger machine than a typical 24 inch wide European washer you have to add more.

Nice story to go along with the sanitizer: first, Henkel sold its Persil ActicPower, capable of cleaning in cold water (as they claimed) and then, some months later, this sanitizer was launched because "cold water can leave smelly bacteria behind" (as the TV commercial said). Now, ain't that great marketing or what? :-(

Alex

o

I can see using something like this if you had a really bad bug going around in the house as sort of a better smelling version of the Lysol Concentrate we have over here. But otherwise, I'm a bit skeptical about it. If your clothes are still smelly after you wash them, then...perhaps they are not clean after all?

Yes you could always use LCB to completely disinfect laundry (lacking boil-wash capability) but that isn't a good idea with dark colors.

o

Here are the ingredients:

AQUA (WATER)
DIDECYLDIMONIUM CHLORIDE
C12-18 FATTY ALCOHOL 7 EO
ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL
POLYACRYLAT KATIONISCH
PARFUM
COLORANT

o

In the Hispanic groceries there is a fabric softner made by Hinkel that is a disinfectant. It is marketed for baby clothes and is baby scented. Suavitel is the brand. Sounds like the same idea minus the softening.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here