Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Front Loader washing machine-help

Posted by hidato11 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 4, 11 at 18:26

I am buying a Whirlpool WFW94HEXL and want to find out if it is an update on the 9400S model. At Sears, bought the 94HEXL -couldn't find it referenced in Consumers Reports so "flhying blind" Since more than CU WFW9750, thought it should be good. Then after bought, saw that a WFW9400S was tough on clothes and vibrated a lot. I called Whirlpool and they said use "Whirlpool Chat" to get ans 3 day wait. Since the machine is coming tomorrow- was wondering if anyone knows if 94HEX is just a fan update to 9400S and if noticed if tough on clothes. Thanks hidato11

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Front Loader washing machine-help

not sure if this will help you but brands often make a model number that is slighty different for big stores like sears, lowes, Home depot and best buy. the reason is so that you can't say store X and y have that same machine for less... will you match that price. The answer is no it not the same model # so technicially not the same even if it is identical.

So what I am saying is you may have got the same machine or it could have one feature more or less than the main retail model because they are only offering it at sears and thats what they think a sears customer wants in there machine.

o

I think thats the newer model you got according to the Whirlpool website. looks to be good and lots of space in there!

http://www.whirlpool.com/catalog/product.jsp?src=WASHERS&cat=115&prod=2050

o

This model is in consumer reports and is rated number one. The 94, 95 and 97 HEXL all tested the same...there's just a few more bells and whistles on the higher model numbers. After extensive research, I'm ordering the 94 model today.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here