Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gas dryer

Posted by renov8r (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 30, 14 at 17:53

I would love to hear from anyone who has a gas dryer. This is the first time we have purchased one and I would like to know what your thoughts are and if you are happy with it. Are there any issues with your venting the dryer? Lint problems, drying issues? We have a gas furnace, and don't have any fumes. Do you have any slight fumes from the gas dryer?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gas dryer

Have always had a gas dryer. Cheaper than electric. I don't know what you mean by 'fumes'. Any gas smell, no matter how slight, is a leak, is dangerous and would have to be repaired.

o

Ive used Gas dryers since the late 1970s and love them. My wife wouldnt want anything else. As long as they are installed correctly and maintained per manufacturers recommendation, you will get many years of great economical performance. If you use propane you will probably notice some combustion odors but natural gas is very clean burn on all the dryers Ive owned.

o

Have only had gas dryers since our first in 1987. Definitely cheaper to run and have not had a problem.
Our first was a cheaper whirlpool that lasted nearly 26 years with a couple of minor repairs. Drum rollers were replaced I believe.
Have a SQ gas dryer now and so far has been a blessing to use. Seems to be better built than the WP,more solid feeling, just hope it will last as long.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here