Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maj111

Stackable W/D and layout questions

maj111
9 years ago

We're building a small mud/laundry room addition and I'm having second thoughts about he layout, specifically about going with a FL stackable W&D set up.

In the layout below, priorities are: (i) keeping windows on exterior wall as unobstructed as possible (so, anything that runs floor to ceiling pretty much needs to go on the other wall), (ii) having some counter space, and (iii) keeping a fairly big closet.

I don't mind the proposed layout, but I wonder if it'll drive me nuts not having any counter space at all on either side of the stacked W&D. For those folks who use stacked W&Ds, is this a problem for you? Where do you sort, fold, etc?

I can't see any good place to sort laundry, other than dumping everything on the floor and then loading the washer, which I don't really want to do.

It occurred to me that we could put FL W&D side by side against exterior wall and still not obscure windows. Which would allow me to put a counter on top of them and to sort (fold even) on top as well.

Any thoughts about the layout in general and specifically about the lack of counter space around a stacked W&D would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Comments (2)