Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
collapsible laundry baskets

Posted by debrak_2008 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 16, 12 at 16:46

Does anyone use collapsible laundry baskets? If so, do they work well? Which brands are a good value?

The cheapest I can find are over $10.

Thanks,

Debra

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: collapsible laundry baskets

My collapsible baskcets were purchased at a local hardware store. Brand name is Umbra, made in India, and made of 100% sturdy cotton canvas with a smooth polypropylene coating inside for easy cleanning. They have attached fabric handles. I don't use the baskets for carrying so I can't comment on how strong the handles are but they look sturdy enough. I use the baskets for storing laundry and other stuff.

I bought 2 sizes in the natural ivory canvas color: 17"diameter x 25" high and 13" diameter x 16-1/2" high. I recall seeing a third size in the store but I don't remember the dimensions. They were priced anywhere from $14-$20+. They can be used to store almost anything. The collapsible feature makes them easy to store when not in use. These baskets are great. I'm so glad i bought them.

o

I buy mesh ones from Walgreens. Their regular price is 3.99, but they often have them on sale for 1.99. I prefer the horizontal ones, but each child has a vertical one in their room for their dirty clothes.I have a stack of about 10 that I keep in the laundry room, after washing I sort into these to transport back to the appropriate closet. Love them, they don't last forever but I have had some for years, still the best solution for me.

o

I find mesh or any collapsible laundry bag to be cheap and short on life. I would definitely advise against using them if you are ever in need of transporting laundry. They are great as a space-saving hamper but otherwise I like using a heavy cloth laundry bag. You'd be suprised at how much you can fit in one and it can be easily tied around a closet door handle.

Here is a link that might be useful: Nodak Laundry

o

I buy mine at IKEA...good quality

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here