Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which Bosch compact washer

Posted by jge2010 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 7, 11 at 16:45

We are thinking of buying the Bosch compact washer and dryer for our new second floor laundry room. The WAS 20160 has 1000 rpms and cost $1100 vs. the more expensive WAS 24460, which has 1200 rpms and cost $1300.I decided on Bosch because of size considerations, leakage concerns and vibration.
Is it worth the extra $300 for the added 200 rpm's? Also, I would appreciate any feedback on these compact washers and dryers, especially anyone who has installed them on their second floor.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which Bosch compact washer

The extraction force (G-force) varies as the square of the RPM, assuming the same drum diameter. So a 1200 RPM spin generates 1.44X the G-force of a 1000 RPM spin. That's good, but does increase the chance of vibration problems if your floor isn't stiff enough.

o
RE: Which Bosch compact washer

Though I have NO idea why I was mindlessly clicking around and found myself on this Forum - I can respond to your post with our 2nd story Bosch experience.

We built our home, been in almost 4 years and put in the Bosch Next Premium (washer model WFMC640 with matching dryer). The laundry room is on the second floor and the first floor has 10 ft ceilings. The laundry room floor is travertine and I was very concerned about "movement". Bosch had done a recent "improvement" to the feet to correct movement issues around the time we got our set. As it turned out we ended up with the pedestals so they are even higher. The set has been great, a vast improvement over the Maytag Neptunes I used to have. I do like the 1200 RPM spin.....it makes a difference. Movement has not been an issue. I am not familiar with "compact" vs "full size" - ours would be considered "full size".

I had heard some negative things before taking delivery of the set but I find they clean very well. I would buy them again (though I am intrigued with the LG steam function).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here