Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
piggyspen_gw

Electric Clothese Dryer Vent

piggyspen
12 years ago

We are in the throes of remodel which require moving my laundry room. Currently, the clothes dryer is near an outside wall and vented directly outside. However, we are moving the W/D to an existing bathroom with no outside walls. It will require venting a long, long distance and we are trying to figure out the best way. My DH would like to vent up through the attic. We have seen something on a TV show where there was a trap above the dryer with a metal box you cleaned out which allowed venting up. We know we need the shortest distance and the least turns. Any suggestions?

Comments (3)

• piggyspen
    Original Author
    12 years ago

That should have read clothes!

• fahrenheit_451
    12 years ago

Here's an article you might wish to read: The Facts About Clothes Dryer Exhaust Systems

Take a look at this secondary lint filter*: American Aldes Dryer Lint Trap

When dryer vent ducting becomes too long, you really need to consider*: Dry Booster Fans

*Only for the sake of reference and not a recommendation. All final specifications need to be accomplished by licensed tradesmen or installed in accordance to manufacturer's specifications, and in respect of all applicable building codes and approvals.

• piggyspen
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you fahrenheit 451. I appreciate your links.