Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tier 11 or Tier 111??

Posted by bookert (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 2, 11 at 14:53

I couldn't find info online so hope you can help me out.

I currently own a 6yr. plus GE Harmony w/o heater washer. I wonder what Tier it comes in energy wise?

GE has just come out with a new GE Harmony version to my surprise, but I'm assuming it's a Tier 111 unit.

Not to sound ignorant, but does that mean it uses much less water than my model?
That's one thing I love about my machine, it uses ample water, and water temps are awesome even w/out heater.

I used a friends new Samsung Steam washer and found the water usage was very minimal. I used the heavy duty cycle and the load still had smells after the wash.

Question, do all of the new HE TL washers appear to be in the Tier 111 category?

Is the new LG He TL a Tier 111 unit as well?

Thanks to anyone able to clear this up for me!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tier 11 or Tier 111??

For what it's worth, the new GE Harmony is the same machine as the LG WaveForce Top Loader. Samsung's new TL is also a rebadged LG, as is the Sears Kenmore Elite. I think they are all Tier III, but have not confirmed that.

o

Tier III top load washers will use very little water, that is to get them to the III level. A quick google of Top Load Washer Tier II shows a bunch of them.

o

Thank you for your comments.

I was hoping (duh) the new Harmony used as much water as my older model. I'm a dreamer! =)
I wonder if I can find out the water usage difference between my older unit and the new ones?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here