Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
larsi_gw

Sears Ultra Plus Powder detergent is surprisingly Good!!

larsi_gw
13 years ago

I am a dyed in the wool Persil user. Everytime I try something else...I alway go back to Persil.

I happened to be walking through our local Sears, and I saw a hugh box of Ultra Plus he Powder Soap with stain fighters. The box says: Protects colours, Superior stain removal, Low Sudsing, Soil Suspenders...

I have done 3 loads now with it (2 warm and ond Hot) and I am actually impressed. Stains and odors are gone & the clothes feel super clean and fresh. The smell is very, very faint (that is a big bonus I know for fragrance haters), but the clothes do smell fresh. So far, colours and darks do not look dull and dry, and sheets and towels look and feel great. My stainless wash drum looks shiny and clean (unlike when I use Tide he Powder, and my drum is dull and coated).

So...I get about 40/45 loads out of a $50 box of Persil, and this box of Sears Ultra Plus is about 100+ loads for about $12.00. Wow!!!

Comments (10)

• vintage36
    13 years ago

Even better. I had some itching in the leg area in the evening when still in my sweats or terry bathrobe when using either Ariel or Tide. Thought thought that it was just a "natural" happening.

Tried the Sears blue box & no itching but thought nothing of it. Did the Tide "Free & Clear" & got the itching back again! "Free & Clear"!!!????

Using the Sears Orange box now & NO Itching allergies. Don't know what is in Tide Free & Clear as it definitely NOT totally free & clear enough & something in the both Ariel & Tide Free & Clear but will not go back. Do wonder what ingredient was causing the sometimes itch as the itch doesn't occur frequently enough or create a rash to say that it was a allergy.

Could be "coincidence" but better safe to stay with the Sears detergent.

• mara_2008
    13 years ago

Yes, the Sears Ultra Plus HE Stainfighting Powdered detergent is really good detergent. I bought some at half price in a great big bucket two years ago and am still using it! The dosing cup is very small, so it lasts and lasts.

• mark40511
    13 years ago

This is the EXACT detergent I have used for years and white vinegar to rinse.... I have had three people tell me at work that I smell so clean. One girl said I smelled like my clothes had been dried on a clothesline and asked what I use. The smell is really faint. I once ran out and Sears was out of stock so I bought Tide HE powder.....the smell was many times stronger than the Sears powder. If anyone has problems with suds, I highly recommend this detergent because I have NEVER seen the first sud. Of course my water is hard.

• housefairy
    13 years ago

I purchased a box when I bought my new washer/dryer set. I'm running low, so I am going to have to start watching the sales. I really like the product. This will be my third box. It doesn't seem to fade darks, low fragrance smell, cleans, and it's cheap! For my whites, I'm using this with a scoop of oxiclean and the sanitize setting. They look better than they ever did with bleach. Plus it doesn't seem to be as hard on the fabrics as the bleach regime. I've been happy with the results.

• happymomof2kids
    13 years ago

I've been using sears too. I needed a detergent I could use a mildly scented liquid fabric softner with and sears fit the bill. So far I haven't broken out either which is good as I have uber sensitive skin.

I must admit I still miss my Charlie's and plan to go back to it after my mom passes on, but the sears has been a great help.

• lee676
    13 years ago

I've been using Sears detergent for almost a decade now - I get the large bucket when they go on half-price sale and I'm set for the next couple of years. Works great. The bucket stays in a distant closet since there isn't room for it near the washing machine; I keep a small box near the washer that I refill when needed.

It used to be only the buckets, not the boxes, were HE, but the last time I was at Sears I noticed both types of packages are HE now.

• rosesark
    13 years ago

I just tried Sears Powder too and really like it so far. It has a very light sent and my clothes smell fresh. I got the orange box as i liked that scent better, but both boxes had light scents. My clothes were a lot less scratchy.

• 3katz4me
    13 years ago

Sears powder detergent is fantastic. I bought a bucket when I got my first FL at Sears about 6-7 years ago at the recommendation of the appliance sales guy. I was skeptical but since I needed some HE detergent I tried it. I've never used anything else since. I've used several different "flavors" and they're all good. I particularly like that they're not heavily scented and they do have a completely fragrance free option if you need that. I just picked up another box last weekend and it was all on sale.

• lee676
    13 years ago

Does anyone here know the manufacturer or supplier?

• buzzley
    13 years ago

I believe it's a company from Illinois called DeSoto; at least it was at one time.

I use and like the Sears detergent too.

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations