Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any future prospect for Miele 500 series?

Posted by kaismom (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 11, 11 at 13:22

Hi all,
my beloved Asko has DIED! I think the motor is dead and it is 11 years old. Cannot be rescued. I decided that I do not have enough depth for a larger Miele which is 8 inches deeper than the smaller Euro model. I have the width but not the depth! I simply do not want to devote that much of my room to the washing machine.

I would like to get the new European 5000 series that is using the same foot print as the other Euro models. Does anyone know if Miele is thinking of introducing these to North America?

For now, i am going to try to find a used Asko to slide into the existing space and wait out until the newer 5000 Miele series is available....

Thanks
http://www.miele.co.uk/washing-machines/w5000/

Here is a link that might be useful: Miele 5000 series

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any future prospect for Miele 500 series?

Are you positive the motor is bad? It might just need
new brushes. I replaced the brushes on my 16 year old asko
last year, cost was 20.00 and about 20 minutes of time.

When the brushes are worn the motor will not run, I have seen several cases where the owner was told the motor was
bad and all it needed were new motor brushes.

o

relic
how can you tell it is the brush versus motor? My husband took the motor out and he wants to take it to the motor repair shop to test it.

Thanks.

o

We took out the motor. The brushes are completely warn. New brushes cost $40 each, not $20. Need 2 brushes. New motor cost $190 from Asko.
Ordered a new motor. The difference was not worth it.
Will see how this experiment works.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here