Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
washing machine

Posted by girlygirl31 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 8, 13 at 13:22

Looking to purchase a new washing machine, my Whirlpool was only 5 yrs. old & the transmission went, it can't be replaced since all the bolts are rusted. Heard that the non agitator machines don't get the clothes really clean. Also, the repairman suggested staying away from LG & Samsung, make good tv's, but not washing machine. Started looking, but too many options for me to decide what machine I would really be happy with.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: washing machine

Speed Queen.

o

I'm very, very happy with my Speed Queen traditional top loader. It's one of the last washers with mechanical switches and timers (no computer board). It's quick. It washes well. It rinses well. And it has a killer warranty and I expect it to last 20 years.

3-year warranty on parts and labor for the entire washing machine
5-year limited warranty on the motor
5-year limited warranty on the cabinet
10-year limited warranty on the transmission
A lifetime warranty on the outer drain tub and the stainless steel wash basket

o

Hi depending on which country you are in and what you can afford the agitator models are actually superb. Our designer washing powder was recently tested in a V-Zug Arora washing machine and it was love at first sight for me - an awesome washing machine, incredibly expensive but worth it if you can afford.

o

Speed Queen.

o

Front loader, Electrolux or Frigidaire.

Top loader, Speed Queen.

o

Two weeks ago I bought a LG waveforce 5170 top load he machine. I don't really like it at all for a number of reasons. I am going to return it and get a Huebsch (Speed Queen model available in Canada). One of the true agitator type models out there with a good reputation.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here