Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What size/how useful is your laundry room sink?

Posted by Madeline616 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 6, 12 at 13:11

Hello,

Can you tell me how large your utility sink is, whether it's self-rimming or undermount, and for those with smaller sinks, if you still find them useful?

I'm trying to make a 6'3" x 10'6" laundry room layout, with a pocket door, work and trying to maximize counter space.

Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What size/how useful is your laundry room sink?

My sink (inside dimensions) is 16 X 21 X 10" deep.
I use it all the time for soaking clothes. In the winter I use it to wash out painting supplies. In the summer, I have a utility sink in the garage I use for painting supplies.
My laundry is not connected to my kitchen so I'd have to walk quite a distance to a water supply.
I would not want a laundry without it.
my sink is a self rimming stainless steel sink

o

I got the CorStone Westerly. The other models, with a bit of drainboard, would have been useful, but I didn't want to give up the counter space, and I will not use the sink that much anyway. I'm just remodeling, so haven't used it yet. They come in a lot of colors.

Here is a link that might be useful: Laundry sinks

o

Thanks, Chlow and Atto. This is very helpful information.

o

I have a Kraus stainless undermount sink 16 x 21 x 9 deep. It's mounted into black pearl granite. But for 14 years I had an overmount stainless sink mounted into laminate. I use my sink in the laundry room as much as the one in the kitchen. The laundry room is just off of my kitchen so I have easy access to it and use it constantly during the day. The dog bowls are in there and it's so easy to fill up their water bowl! I honestly use it so much I would hate to give it up. Use it for all sorts of cleanup of things I wouldn't want to use the kitchen sink for.

o

I have always had a laundry sink and wouldn't want to give it up. My laundry room is just off of the kitchen. With my remodel I am going to a single bowl silgranit undermount sink in the kitchen. The cabinet is fairly small so my sink will only be 22x18x9". I am going to make the laundry sink as large as possible--a single stainless bowl that is 12 inches deep. Since I would like to have the option to use this as a kitchen backup for large things like roasting pans I am going to have my old garbage disposal installed in it for food cleanup purposes.

o

I have a standard, builder grade plastic laundry sink in my very small (6x10) laundry room. Frankly, I'd rather have the countertop space than the sink. The sink just collects stuff. I don't have to soak clothes very often; I have a FL Samsung that cleans the clothes so well, I don't have to presoak.

o

I don't have one and so I use the bathroom sink that's next to the laundry area. That works fine, though it would be nice to have one that's slightly deeper and bigger than the bathroom one. I also don't soak clothes, but I do handwash some items and so that's what it gets used for.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here