Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Panel-ready washer and dryer

Posted by dilzy (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 4, 14 at 12:50

Hello! Cross posting this on the appliance forum as well. I need a (preferably) stackable washer and dryer in the mud room, and would love to be able to integrate them with surrounding cabinetry. Besides the Asko panel ready model, are there any other models out there? If not, does anyone own the Asko model? Any feedback on performance and price would be greatly appreciated as I only found one review on AJ Madison that was 1 star.
My other option would be to recess the wall a few inches and install them into a cabinet but I don't know how functional it would be to keep opening the cabinet door in a mudroom, especially if I need to air out the insides.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Panel-ready washer and dryer

There have been Asko owners here in the past with older machines and they loved them. The few newer reports have not been as positive and service and parts may be an issue. Small capacity has also been an issue, as I recall.

I think the new FL machines are nice looking, certainly good enough for a mudroom. (Mine are stacked in my small kitchen). Get a set in a color that coordinates with your decor and admire them as you walk by :)

o

Be careful that you have enough clearance to open machine doors if you recess the machines. My machines open all the way flat against the cabinetry next to it. If I recessed my machines I would not be able to do this.
This picture shows my set with the washer door all the way open against the neighboring cabinet. The dryer can not open all the way because of my door frame. It works though.
 photo photo1-11_zps8dc91e0c.jpg

I too love the look of the washing machines, regardless what vintage.

o

Thanks for the feedback. Leaning towards having that wall of cabinets be a sliding door. If not, exposed it is :)

o

Miele has a cabinet panel option for their machines. The way that looks in a modern space can be seen in the link below.

There's a lovely laundry room also, with a stacked w/d pair in a closet that has good access.

Here is a link that might be useful: Paneled washer/dryer

o

Thanks for the links rococogurl. Sighhhhh that modern paneled one is the Asko.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here