Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Why couldn't it be 1/4" bigger?

Posted by Rybren2 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 18, 14 at 12:42

OK - we all know that size really does matter. My newly renovated main floor laundry room counter is only 38 3/4" high (error on contractors part) and my existing LG Tromm laundry pair did not fit underneath. In order to make them fit, the appliance installers removed the legs. The vibrations are crazy. Dishes fall out of the kitchen cabinets that back onto the wall behind the laundry room. I've lived with it for 1 1/2 years because I didn't want the aggravation of tearing out the granite counter and marble backsplash in the laundry room. So now the LG stopped drying and rather than repairing it I thought this was my opportunity to get new appliances that fit properly under the counter. To my horror nearly every laundry pair is a minimum 39" clearance under a counter. I am looking for a large capacity washer that will fit under my 38 3/4" high counter. Does anyone have a 38 3/4" high counter that fits a 38 3/4" high laundry pair? If so what brand? The only ones I can find that will fit and have a 38" clearance are Electrolux and although they are lovely, I've had bad luck with my Electrolux fridge and stove so I'm a bit gun shy. Anyone have Electrolux and love them? Suggestion very welcome!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Why couldn't it be 1/4" bigger?

Why don't you make the contractor fix it?

o

I think the best thing would be to have the counter top removed and raised, and just call it a day. Honestly. That way you can buy a washer/dryer that you want, instead of something that just fits. Might help re-sale value also.

o

Agree with Cavimum. Best to re-do and open your choices.

And agree with oregpsnow....I think contractor owes you a piece of the re-do.

o

After a five month long Reno I was not interested in tearing out the whole laundry room. Logically I know it is likely what I should have pushed for but was looking for alternatives to doing so. Thanks anyway! May have to go that route.

o

I bet it won't be as disruptive as you think it will. It would certainly be less disruptive than the vibrations were!

They don't have to make a huge mess.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here