Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rybren2_gw

Why couldn't it be 1/4" bigger?

Rybren2
10 years ago

OK - we all know that size really does matter. My newly renovated main floor laundry room counter is only 38 3/4" high (error on contractors part) and my existing LG Tromm laundry pair did not fit underneath. In order to make them fit, the appliance installers removed the legs. The vibrations are crazy. Dishes fall out of the kitchen cabinets that back onto the wall behind the laundry room. I've lived with it for 1 1/2 years because I didn't want the aggravation of tearing out the granite counter and marble backsplash in the laundry room. So now the LG stopped drying and rather than repairing it I thought this was my opportunity to get new appliances that fit properly under the counter. To my horror nearly every laundry pair is a minimum 39" clearance under a counter. I am looking for a large capacity washer that will fit under my 38 3/4" high counter. Does anyone have a 38 3/4" high counter that fits a 38 3/4" high laundry pair? If so what brand? The only ones I can find that will fit and have a 38" clearance are Electrolux and although they are lovely, I've had bad luck with my Electrolux fridge and stove so I'm a bit gun shy. Anyone have Electrolux and love them? Suggestion very welcome!

Comments (5)