Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dtay_us

GE Harmony washer; 'A problem has been detected with this unit.'

dtay_us
14 years ago

We're coming up to almost four years (they were purchased on 5/1/06 and delivered 5/6/06) of ownership with our GE Harmony pair (WPGT9360 washer & DPGT750 dryer) and last weekend, there was a loud noise coming from the washer during the spin cycle and then it stopped running. On the LCD screen, it said "A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED WITH THIS UNIT." :(

Researching online, I was able to find the sequence of keys to enter the diagnostic mode and it gave me the following error messages:

THE PRESSURE SENSOR OR HOSE IS DAMAGED OR DISCONNECTED. PLEASE CHECK AND REPLACE IF NECESSARY.

THE MOTOR IS NOT ROTATING PROPERLY. CHECK AND REPLACE IF NECESSARY.

SERIAL COMMUNICATION LINK BETWEEN MAIN PCB AND INVERTER PCB IS DOWN. CHECK AND REPLACE IF NECESSARY.

BROKEN CLUTCH COUPLING.

Wow!

Luckily, I had purchased the GE extended warranty (5 years) back when I had bought the units figuring that these machines were new to the market back then and "just in case" I run into a problem with its LCD touchscreen or electronics....

Anyway, a service call was placed and the GE factory service tech showed up on Monday (3/29/10). He ran a spin cycle on the washer while watching it spin and shook horribly ... and he also shook his head. It sounded bad. :(

Yesterday, FedEx delivered a large box and looking at the packing list, it contained the following:

1 NUT

1 MOTOR ASM

1 MECH HSNG ASM - BEARING

1 STATOR ASM

I have a follow up appointment later this afternoon (1-5 pm) and keeping my fingers crossed that they'll be able to fix it. And let's hope they did ordered the right parts! :)

Will post an update as it progresses.

Has anyone here in the forum had any issues similar to mine with their GE Harmony washer?

Comments (4)

• whirlpool_trainee
    14 years ago

A problem has been detected with this unit.

Oops! That doesn't sound nice... So I suppose you found a service manual. For those, who are looking for one: here's one for the Profile Washer 9350.

Alex

Here is a link that might be useful: ApplianceJunk.com

• weedmeister
    14 years ago

Isn't it typical that some NUT is causing the problem?

• happymomof2kids
    14 years ago

LOL weedmeister! :D

• DANIELB1941_GMAIL_COM
    13 years ago

I OWN A HARMONY PROFILE MODEL WGPT935000WW IT WILLNOT SPIN WE BOUGHT NEW COMPUTER @ OTHER THINGS MESSAGE CENTER SAYS THE INVERTER PCB MAY NEED NEW MOTOR BUT I KNOW THERE IS A SWITCH THAT CAUSES THE MOTOR TO COME ON HAVE SPENT ALREADY $500 ON PARTS HAVE TRIED JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING ANYONE KNOWING THE POSSIBLE PROBLEM PLEASE CONTACT ME AT EMAIL danielb1941@gmail.com