Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brand new Samsung Dryer rips clothes

Posted by krs9 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 15, 13 at 12:13

I just got a brand new Samsung washer dryer set model 361 and after using it just a few times I noticed that the dryer rips clothes something terrible.

I already ruined two blouses and four delicate napkins.

From what I can tell the problem is the lint filter - when it is installed the filter doesn't sit totally flush with the right and left edge of the slot it goes into and clothes get caught on that edge of the lint filter that protrudes
I attached a picture but it's hard to see that the lint filter edge doesn' sit flush with the edge of the slot..

Anyone else have a problem like that?
Any idea what to do about it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brand new Samsung Dryer rips clothes

I would call Samsung and get an e-mail address you can send that picture to (product development or quality control).

If you can, go to a store that has your model of the dryer you bought on display and see if it has the same flaw or if it's just one in a million fluke.

See if they have a fix for it or replace the whole dryer.

o

The frame of the lint filter was quite rough at the edges which I think made things worse in that clothes easily got caught and the ripped.

I tried to smooth it out to see it that helps.

But I will try to take a better picture and also take pictures of all the torn clother and send this off to Samsung.

o

I have the exact same problem! Didn't know what exactly was causing the ripping, but I see now that the lint filter could be responsible, mine doesn't sit flush either. Any luck getting in contact with Samsung? I've ruined two sets of very expensive Egyptian cotton sheet sets!! What a pain...

o

I am experiencing this too. Anyone successful at getting a replacement or fixing on their own? So frustrating!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here