Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vaska for cashmere and wool?

Posted by izeve (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 11, 11 at 12:08

I have recently started using Vaska - primarily for warm wash darks. I like it a lot as it leaves clothes soft and clean. Does anyone have experience using it for cashmere and wool sweaters? Is it safe? Recommended?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vaska for cashmere and wool?

Usually the only things you want to avoid with wool are enzymes. Vaska does not contain them.

I've used it to wash wool mattress pad covers I have for 3 of my beds. They always come out nice and smelling lovely.

Not to confuse matters but this is an excellent product for wool - Eucalan. They have a great how to section with info on caring for wool items.

Here is a link that might be useful: Eucalan

o

Since Vaska does not contain enzymes, brighteners or bleaching agents, I imagine it's safe for those types of materials.

o

Thanks for the feedback - on its face it looks like Vaska may be a safe choice. I am curious though if anyone has any personal experience?

As a knitter, I am very familiar with Eucalan but I use it only for hand washing my sweaters and shawls. I think it may be too sudsy for using in a washing machine, that's why I thought Vaska may be a good alternative.

o
RE: Vaska for sweaters?

Sorry, livebetter - I see you have used it for mattress pads with good results. Still curious if anyone used it for sweaters etc., esp. cashmere.

o

I've used Vaska on cashmere sweaters and I thought it was great. I've also used it for wool socks and silk items. I think it's great for delicate washables.

o

I've used Vaska for Wool (and stupidly $$$) DKNY dress pants. Worked great!! :)

o

Excellent! I need to wash all my sweaters before putting them away for the summer so I am happy to know that I can use Vaska on them. Thanks to all!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here