Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need washer with HOT water

Posted by kellyh_2010 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 28, 13 at 11:54

Hello,
Thank you in advance for your help! We are in need of a new washing machine and have kids with dust mite allergies so I need one that truly has hot water - at least 140 degrees. We currently have a TL large capacity (the computer just went out, we had it for 9 years) but I am not wedded to TL. I have read through this site as well as other online reviews and realize all brands have positive and negative reviews. I have to wash sheets, blankets and duvet covers every week so really prefer the larger capacity models. Going to a laundromat is not really an option.

It seems every brand has negative and positive reviews and some people have mold and some don't with the same machines. It seems like you get lucky or not with these issues!

So my question is, which large capacity machine has HOT water.

Thank you so much for your help!
Kelly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need washer with HOT water

You need a frontloader with a designated Sanitary cycle and on-board heating. Several brands / models have the feature.

o

Our son and his wife recently bought an LG front load washer that has a Sanitize and an Allergen cycle. They felt pretty sure those two cycles indicate it has an on board heater.

o

For TL, Speed Queen is he only brand left to let pure hot water fill the tub - others will mix in some cold.

For FL, there are plenty of washers with a Sanitary cycle and some LG, Whirlpool/Maytag, GE, Electrolux/Frigidaire washers with an Allergen cycle that heats to 130F.

Alex

Here is a link that might be useful: View a list of NSF certified clothes washers.

o

For TL, Speed Queen is he only brand left to let pure hot water fill the tub - others will mix in some cold.
Technically, that's not true. Assuming they haven't revised the specs from the last service info I have, Fisher & Paykel feeds tap hot (or it may be controlled to 140°F max) on the Hot temp selection. Normal operation of the machine runs hot only for the initial low-level Eco Active wash phase, then fills rest of the way with controlled-cold for an agitated wash (thus, the Eco part of the machine's name) ... but there are a couple ways to get a full-fill hot wash for people willing to press a few buttons.

o

Thank you for the responses. I appreciate the help. We went with a front loader. My first one, so excited to see how it compares!

This post was edited by kellyh_2010 on Tue, Apr 30, 13 at 0:17

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here