Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
washer/dryer size

Posted by extrasharpolbee (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 30, 13 at 11:34

i have a laundry/heater/water heater room so its really compact with limited space.

i ordered a washer/dryer stackable units from sears and when the delivery came this morning and said it won't fit into the space we have. when we purchased it we gave the salesman the max dimension we have which is 32"wX30.5"DX84"H and the washer and dryer was 27Wx38Hx29-3/4D. The installer said the washer will be okay but not the dryer due to the vent space is not enough.

So my question is what the right dimension I should get so that it will fit into my little space I have and not having to settle with the already stacked unit with the small capacity? Thanks all!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: washer/dryer size

I would think you would need at least (bare minimum) 4 inches behind the washer/dryer as the dryer vent duct is 4 inches in diameter.

Or try a Periscope Dryer Duct (link below) to save a few inches.

Since the depth you can accept in that space is 30.5" you would need a washer/dryer set to be no grater than 26.5" which may be hard to find for a full sized set.

Here is a link that might be useful: 0-to-18-Inch Vent Periscope Dryer Duct

o
RE: washer/dryer size

Very neat idea!!! It looks like that's about 2 1/2 inches thick which is still not enough space only if dryers offers side venting to accommodate tight space !!

But thank you for your great suggestion! Maybe I can find something that's 26.5 like you said.

This has been such a painful project!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here