Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bob_k

Sears Ultra Plus He Powder

bob_k
9 years ago

Is anyone using Sears Ultra Plus He powder detergent? Is so how much are you using in your front load washer for best results?

Comments (7)

• Cavimum
    9 years ago

I use the Sears "free/clear" version of Ultra Plus He powder. Our municipal water is categorized as "moderately hard." (you really need to know what yours is) I use half the recommended dose for normal laundry.

• bob_k
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for the reply Cavimum. I appreciate your you input. I have well water that is moderately hard. So I will start with a half of the recommended dose and adjust from there if needed. I haven't open the box so I don't know what kind of measuring cup is supplied.

Thanks Again
    Bob

• Cavimum
    9 years ago

A good way to tell if you're using too much is to check the final rinse cycles for suds.

• bob_k
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I will have to figure a way to catch some drain water. The drain hose is connect directly into a drain pipe. When my wife bought the detergent the sales person told her that she only had to use 2 tbls per load.

• Cavimum
    9 years ago

"When my wife bought the detergent the sales person told her that she only had to use 2 tbls per load. "

Does your FL washer have a glass front (window)? I shine a good flashlight in there to see if there are suds.

One scoop is 50ml; half-scoop is 25 ml. 2 Tblsp is 30 ml, so depending on the size of your washer's drum and amount of laundry, if you have hard or soft water, and level of dirtyness, that wounds about right. Start with that and wsee what happens.

• aliceinmd
    9 years ago

We have used and liked the Sears "free" version of Ultra Plus He powder in a blue box since buying our he washer about six years ago. I went to buy more yesterday, and the store had 6 boxes (for 125 loads each) on CLEARANCE for $3.95 per box! I fear this product is being discontinued. Has anyone else had the same experience?

• Cavimum
    9 years ago

@aliceinmd - I loaded up with several boxes, a few months ago when I heard our local Sears store was going to close. In the meantime, I have also tried the Wisk 'he' free/clear liquid and it gets a bit sudsy but works great. Hubby and I cannot use anything with a perfume.