Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Heavy Soil is now back to Pre-Wash on W48xx Miele :)

Posted by larsi (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 17, 12 at 9:47

After me nagging and nagging, one of my dearest friends finally got rid of her nasty old, water hogging top loader Maytag.

She LOVES them. I've been spending A LOT of time helping her learn to use them. This is almost as bad as me tyring to teach her to grasp iDrive in her new BMW a few months back...now that was a real challenge. LOL

She took delivery of a brand new W4842 and T9802 Miele set.

It has annoyed me for years, that Miele called Pre-Wash "Heavy Soil" on the front control panel. It is now back to being called Pre-Wash!!! YAY! Miele must have finally listened to customer's complaints!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Heavy Soil is now back to Pre-Wash on W48xx Miele :)

Mine says Prewash on the front control panel but Heavy Soil on the detergent tray. This is on my W4842 that I received February 2011 (in Canada). What does your friend's detergent tray say?

o

livebetter....

It says prewash, prewash.....just as it did years ago!

o

My W4842 says PreWash on the control panel, and Heavy Soil on the detergent tray, just like @livebetter's machine. Mine was made in February 2011 and purchased in April 2011.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here