Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Prob buying a whirlpool duet duo - any last comments?

Posted by TeeBeeNOLA (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 4, 14 at 9:00

Time is up: need to buy my washer/dryer. Before I buy, anyone has any last comments before I buy the Whirlppol Duet duo?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Prob buying a whirlpool duet duo - any last comments?

The latest model WFW95HED*+ uses more water (which is a good thing) and has a larger tub volume.
Better washing and rinsing.

It just came out 4/1/2014 so look for it (or ask for it) in stores.

o

THanks. I don't think my local dealers (looking at Sears and BestBuy) have that yet. I may wait til they do.

o

FWIW...the one's I bought in February of 2005 (9400 washer; built in Germany) are still working like new today. I just read the manual and did what it said.

o

We had a set from 2006, I never really liked them. They were in a narrow, hall like laundry room between the house and garage, no room to leave the washer door open to dry. We switched to Maytag Bravos XL, which I love. We gave the Whirlpool Duet set with matching pedestals to my son 2 years ago and he loves them, but he has room in his laundry area to keep the door open when not in use. They both perform well for him with no repairs.

o

The Duets with the bowed out front and the removable lower access panel were the ones made in Schorndorf, Germany - about two hours south of where I live. The Whirlpool shut the factory down in 2012. Most, if not all, of the current washers are now made in the US.

Here is a link that might be useful: Whirlpool in Clyde, Ohio

o

Recommendation...
If you have a mom & pop appliance dealer near you, please try them out before the big stores (who really don't care after the sale is done) but mom and pop have a reputation to up hold and will treat you better.

o

Thanks for the advise and I do have mom and pop stores - I just have to go the extra to make sure they will deliver up a flight of stairs. Not all do that. I know from experience.

o

Best of luck with what ever you purchase.
Please keep us posted with a review and if you decided to get the latest model that uses more water.

o

Our German-made 9400 crapped out after about 5 years. We replaced it with a SQ.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here